Friday 2 July 2010

Quiet Year in the Greenhouse



There's very little going on in the greenhouse this summer as I was either on holiday or busy with holiday preparations during the time I should have been sowing seeds and planting...still, the vine in the greenhouse is coming along beautifully with several bunches of grapes. I had three vines from eBay last year; one I gave away, the second I broke - it had not flourished in the conservatory last year, and was doing well after I put it outside in the spring - but alas, accidents happen.



Three tomato plants are doing okay, but not nearly so well as those I grew last year.







Peppers came as seedling gifts along with a fourth tomato plant, all of which are doing quite well.
Unfortunately I somehow omitted to water the geraniums which accompanied them, so they died.





Richard brought this back from church and said everyone was meant to be trying to grow one for reasons he may or may not have given ...I think it's a pumpkin and it seems to be doing okay, but maybe it should be outside. I shall Google 'pumpkins' at some point before it dies, I hope.
I have another photo of the other tomato plants - which are a different variety (plum, like most of last year's crop) but it keeps uploading sidewards on, so I'll hope to have more success with another file at a later date.

I'm not intending to do any additional planting/growing this summer - maybe next year will see some renewed enthusiasm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment